• 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 1 (8-ounce) package crescent roll dough
• 1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated shredded potatoes, browned
• 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
• 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
• 6 eggs
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
* In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion until browned.
* Unroll dough and lay flat across bottom of baking dish. Evenly spoon sausage mixture over dough. Top with browned potatoes, 1 cup cheese, and red pepper.
* In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper; pour over red bell pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
* Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned and eggs are set. Let cool 5 minutes then serve. Serves 6.