Clay Pot Wind Chimes
These wind chimes add a whimsical touch to your garden or patio. This is an enjoyable project that could turn into an afternoon of family fun. Just buy a clay pot for each member of the family and allow them to decorate it to represent themselves. If you have more than four in your family, make two wind chimes.
- 4 clay pots in graduated sizes
- (4) 1-inch wooden beads
- Acrylic paint in the color of your choice
- Paint the outside of the pot your chosen base color. Paint each pot a different color if you like.
- Stencil the outside of each with your chosen design. Ivy leaves or geometric shapes work well for this.
- Cut one yard (three feet) of jute.
- Pull one end of it through a wooden bead and tie a knot.
- Tie a knot an inch or so up from the bead. Put another bead on that knot.
- Put the smallest clay pot on the jute and pull it down to the bead.
- The next largest pot will hang halfway over the smallest pot. Where you knot it and put the bead will depend on what you need to make it fit right. Measure it, knot the jute and add another bead.
- Add the next larger pot.
- Repeat steps until all four pots are used.
- Make a loop in the top for hanging.
Here is the one I created above with the cows on it for a country theme – you can do whatever you want on them – just get creative!